About John Clardy
John was born and raised in Ocala, Florida and is a graduate of Furman University (1990), the Cumberland School of Law (J.D. 1996) and Samford University (MSEM 1996).
John has been named as a Florida Trend Legal Elite in Elder Law (2013).
John is Past Chair of the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar (2013-2014).
Current Professional Involvement
- Past Chair and Member of the Executive Council of the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar.
- Member, Asset Protection Committee and Probate Law Committee of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar.
- Member, Joint Public Policy Task Force for the Elderly and Disabled of Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys and the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar.
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys.
- Member, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education Certification Committee for Elder Law.
JOHN CRIDER (1933-2005)
Mr. Crider established the law firm that is now Clardy Law Firm PA, when he moved to Citrus County from Jacksonville, Florida in 1982.
Mr. Crider represented the Jacksonville area as a member of the Florida House of Representatives from 1966-1970. Upon moving to Crystal River, Mr. Crider practiced in the areas of Estate planning, real estate and business law.
In 2001, the Citrus County Chamber of Commerce awarded him the Rick B. Quinn Distinguished Citizen Award for his role in creating the Jim Legrone Park, his two terms as Chamber President, and his work in securing funding for a bicycle path along Fort Island Trail in Crystal River.
Mr. Crider was a Partner in the firm until his passing in October 2005. He was a great lawyer and a great friend.